Saturday, April 16, 2005

Poet/Murderer

Turns out Chicago poet J.J. Jameson was leading a double life. Check out this spin on the story:

http://www.americandaily.com/article/7269

Here is excerpt one of Jameson's poems from Chicagopoetry.com:

The Puttering Penis

Las week, late last week,
I went to the theater to listen, raptly,
to the vagina monologuing.

I put my ear down close,
I mean really, really close,
I wanted to hear every spluttering syllable,
I wanted to bite very pulsating enunciation.

I put my other ear down,
I mean really, really down,
I did not wish to miss fondling, aurally,
any climatic sentence even a fragmented one,
preferably a compound one.

Kurt Heintz, has some interesting comments:

http://voices.e-poets.net/JamesonJJ/

Slam Pappy Marc Smith is quoted as saying to the Chicago Sun-Times,"This is a huge one, It will be shocking to everybody and a little disconcerting. That's pretty wild."

Is it true that if you could be arrested for bad poetry he would have been caught years ago?

No comments: